While constructing the new look site capable of handling larger galleries, more of your sightings, wildlife travel reports and butterfly, moth and caterpillar species life-cycle pages your enquiries have continued to arrive.
Thank you all – we do appreciate them.
Caterpillar pictures and sightings from the British Isles and around the world
Some of the most interesting sightings received will be updated shortly and they do contain some extraordinary ones, including:–
- An exotic tropical Indian Ocean island where an unknown species of caterpillar has been causing health issues!
- One of the most outrageously hairy caterpillars in the world – looks more like a ginger mop!
- Three reports of foreign caterpillars imported into the British Isles on cut flowers.
- A Red data book moth caterpillar found on a tent in the New Forest!
- And so many more.
Wildlife sightings in Cornwall
- some of the most extraordinary looking caterpillars found in the British Isles
- an unusual influx of foreign moths
- a Painted Lady butterfly laying eggs in an unexpected place
- our first Prickly Stick-insect found on a new site on the Lizard
- a colony of Dotted Bee-flies at a picturesque Cornish site.
There is so much more to feature just to get up to date.
To make sure you don’t miss out please bookmark the site and forward links to the latest sightings page to friends – your support and sightings from around the world are greatly appreciated.